CODE OF CONDUCT
T.M Jacob Memorial Government College Manimalakunnu engages in a process of self and community reflection that would prompt us to recognize and amplify awareness of the core values that we have been practicing and articulating. We earnestly try to find agreement about those values and develop institutional mechanisms and culture which make us accountable to those values. The institution has been functioning in comply with;
- Rules and regulations of Mahatma Gandhi University.
- Government of Kerala and
- University Grants Commission.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR TEACHERS
TEACHERS AND THE STUDENTS
- Respect the right and dignity of the student in expressing his/her opinion.
- Focus on student and stakeholder needs.
- Provide quality education to students in the neighbourhood
- Build a community of faculty and students with deep social commitment.
- Equip the student community to explore the choices and opportunities driven up by technology and economic development.
- Make the students mentally and physically fit for a dynamic and vibrant society.
TEACHERS AND SOCIETY
- Dedicate themselves to meet the needs of the society they serve.
- Support the mission and vision of the College.
- Respond to the changing needs of society.
- Start new programs and services to meet the identified needs of the society.
- Strive for social service through outreach programmes
- Collaborate with organisations of excellence for mutual benefit.
TEACHERS AND COLLEAGUES
- Recognize the expertise of all members of the College community and encourage individual contribution.
- Include stakeholders in the decisions that affect them.
- Treat people with dignity and encourage feelings of self-worth.
- Promote trust through professional courtesy and fair treatment.
- Encourage interdepartmental collaboration.
- View setbacks as learning experiences.
TEACHERS AND AUTHORITIES
- Take responsibility for their actions.
- Continuously evaluate and improve institutional systems and policies.
- Establish and communicate clearly defined and articulated goals and objectives.
- Ensure that their work adds value to the College and society.
- Inculcate social awareness and a sense of patriotism among fellow beings.
- Foster democracy.
- Promote the sense of oneness and inclusion.
- Promote social solidarity and cohesion.
TEACHERS AND NON -TEACHING STAFF
Teachers should treat non-teaching staff as colleagues and equal partners in a cooperative undertaking within this educational institution.
- Teachers should treat non-teaching staff as colleagues and equal partners in a cooperative undertaking within this educational institution.
- Teachers should help in the function of joint staff-councils covering both teachers and the non-teaching staff