The major stepping-stones of the T.M Jacob Memorial Govt. College are as listed below.
- 1976-Rural Education Society was formed and they applied for sanctioning a college.
- 1979-Foundation stone was laid for Administrative Block, by Sri P.K. Vasudevan Nair, the Chief Minister of Kerala.
- 1981-College was sanctioned by the Government of Kerala.
- 1981-Inaguration of the college by Sri Baby John, the Minister of Education.
- 1983-Classes were shifted to the college building.
- 1984-Inaguration of the college building by Sri. T.M. Jacob, the Minister of
- 1984-Land along with the building was officially handed over to the Government by the Rural Education Society.
- 1984-Started B.Com. Degree Course.
- 1993-Started B.Sc. Physics.
- 1994-U.G.C. affiliation Under Sections 2 (f) and 12 (b).
- 1998-Foundation stone was laid for main block building by Sri. M.J. Jacob, President, Thirumarady Grama Panchayat.
- 1998-Started first P. G. Course-M.Com.
- 1999-Started B.Sc. Agro Chemistry and B.A. Economics.
- 2001-Pre-degree was delinked.
- 2003-Inaguration of Main Block by Sri. T. M. Jacob, Minister for Water Resources.
- 2004-Started M.Sc. Chemistry (Pharmaceutical).
- 2005-06-Silver Jubilee Year.
- 2008-NAAC Accreditation. Accredited with ‘B’ Grade (CGPA 2-42).
- 2012-College renamed as T.M. Jacob Memorial Government College manimalakunnu.
- 2012-Started two degree courses
B.A. English Literature, Communication and Journalism
Model III (Triple Main)
B.A. Malayalam Language and Literature Model II Copy Writing
- 2013-The Higher Education Department under its ‘New Initiatives’ Selected the college as Regional Skill Development Centre of ASAP.
- 2017-College selected under the Centre of Excellence Programme. Work initiated on 400m synthetic track and other.
- 2018 – College was NAAC Reaccredited with B Grade (CGPA 2.44).